If you are thinking of applying for a grant, please read the criteria carefully. By law the Trustees can only make grants in accordance with their Trust Deed.
We regret that applications not meeting these criteria cannot be considered.
- Grants can only be made for the benefit of children and young people (CYP) under the age of 25.
- Grants can only be made for the benefit of children and young people who have social, emotional & mental health difficulties (SEMH), this can sometimes include high functioningï CYP that have a diagnosis of ASD(C).
- Grants can only be made for education or training or assisting access to education or training. This may include therapies, wellbeing programs and the use of nurture provision.
In addition, the Trustees have to satisfy themselves that any grant will be properly spent, and provide the most benefit for the CYP identified above. For these reasons the Trustees have decided to impose other conditions:
- Grants will be made to organisations and not to individuals.
- Grants will be made to projects based in the South-East, as the present trustees will then be able to visit and inspect projects. For this purpose, the South-East is defined as East Anglia, London and Home Counties west to Hampshire.
- Grants are made where there is direct benefit to children and young people who have SEMH difficulties.
- The Trustees prefer to provide grants for equipment, buildings or activities rather than to subsidise salaries, although realising that much work with SEMH CYP is labour-intensive.
- In the present financial situation in which our income is liable to fluctuate, the Trustees can only commit themselves to make grants for one year at a time.
- Applicants must, after spending any grant, provide a written report and accounts to show how the money has been spent. A trustee will also try to visit the project while it is in progress.
Grants have generally been in the range £1000 – £5000. The Trustees hold meetings twice yearly, in early March and early October. Applications should reach the Clerk to the Trustees by the 15th of the previous month (February & September) to be sure of being considered.